E-Publishing, also called as Electronic Publishing or digital publishing, referring to a type of publishing that does not include printed books. E-publishing has become more and more common to distribute books, magazines, and newspapers to consumers through tablet reading devices. And electronic publications not only distributed via Internet such as online publishing or web publishing when in the form of a website, they can also saved offline on CD and DVD.
As for publishers, e publishing has numerous benefits: lower investment, cheaper production costs, low inventory storage costs, and most important of all, the ability to build a stronger global customer base.
Of course, there are also many advantages for a company or website owner to publish their own epublications.
XFlip e publishing software can allow publishers to publish their publications viewed online and offline.
What is the difference between the publications offline and online by using XFlip digital magazine software?
- Online version can convert PDFs/imags into interactive digital magazines which are flash and HTML based, so they can be viewed in a browser;
- Online version, if publish as HTML, the output files can be uploaded on your website via FTP. The main advantage is that the publications can be opened any where there is an Internet connection on all web browsers.
- Online version, the digital magazines can be viewed with page flipping effect. Users on iPhone, iPad, Android mobile devices will get the very best online reading experience via a mobile browser.
A offline version digital publication created with XFlip also has a wide variety of benefits:
- It makes you have the ability to distribute your content off-line via CD, DVD or USB.
- Publications created in the online version also have the advantage of allowing readers to download a copy for off-line reading when publish as EXE.
- Publications created as online version in HTML have some files, but publish as offline version in EXE, just has three files, this is convenient to distribute via USB or CD.
- When publish as APP, publications can also be read offline on Macbook.
- If import swf or video files, and publish as ScreenSaver, this will generated a ScreenSaver file, just install it, a favorite ScreenSaver will be available.