Magazines now make it possible to find and gather information about any subject that a reader can think of within a few minutes, ranging from scrapbooking to golf. For many readers, advanced booking their favorite magazines is essential to avoid missing an issue. For advertisers to be truly creative and considerate, the rate of subscription and general circulation is really very essential. A low subscription rate may subsequently interfere with a magazine publisher. Magazine publishers can follow various marketing strategies to improve their subscription rate. They can achieve good results with ceaseless efforts.
1. Provide the relative incentives to casual readers who have not subscribed. For example, offer free issues with a paid subscription or a reduced subscription rate.
2. Stimulate current subscribers to enhance awareness of the magazine. For example, when readers update their subscription, provide a second subscription of a large allowance that they can give as a gift.
3. Apply social networking websites like Facebook, Myspace and Twitter to attract potential subscribers. Remember to update the account regularly to keep users interested.
4. Take into account creating your magazine available in other forms. Some magazine publishers could provide online versions of their magazines and capture subscriptions from readers who prefer to obtain most of their information from the Internet. Meantime, carefully consider making it available for e-readers and mobile phone applications by using online magazine software with its easy-to-use interface.
5. Check out the magazine if an extensive and long-term effort to increase the subscription is not successful. It is technically possible for the current design or content does not satisfy the demand of the target group. Just about this time research of similar magazines and surveys from members of the target group will contribute positively to determine where deemed necessary to adapt them to suit the target group.