When the clock strikes midnite on New Year’s Eve, sing New Years Song with family and friends to remember the good memories is always a traditional celebrate way for us.
Which songs are you singing? The following 5 New Year Songs are good for New Year’s Eve.
1. Auld Lang Syne – This New Year Song is generally credited to Robert Burns, but earlier versions of this ballad precede his time.
The song “Auld Lang Syne” that is one of the most famous songs in the world is traditionally played at midnight at parties and events on New Year’s Eve. Perhaps the most significant aspect of the song is its title that could translate as old long since and is about looking back on people you have known with fondness.
Burns combined a common Scottish folk song with his own lyrics to arrive at the version commonly sung on New Year’s Eve. This song means celebrating a reunion with friends.
2. Carol of the Bells – A popular Christmas carol, composed by Mykola Leontovych with lyrics by Peter J. Wilhousky. The song is based on a folk chant known in Ukrainian as “Shchedryk”.
This song means plentiful and bountiful.
3. Happy New Year – A popular song by Swedish pop group ABBA from their 1980 album Super Trouper. This song let you feel more festive and humorous.
4. New Year’s Day – A song by rock band U2. It is on their 1983 album War and it was released as the album’s lead single in January 1983.
The lyric had its origins in a love song from Bono to his wife, but was subsequently reshaped and inspired by the Polish Solidarity movement.
5. Shchedryk – A Ukrainian shchedrivka, or New Year’s carol. It was arranged by composer and teacher Mykola Leontovych in 1916, and tells a story of a swallow flying into a household to sing of wealth that will come with the following spring.
Download these 5 new year songs from here:
5 Traditional New Year Songs for New Year’s Eve